Tuesday, April 24

Rana Salam





Rana Salam (Lebanese Designer)  has been a favourite of mine for quite some time ever since i became aware of the world of graphics, and i even wrote my personal statement about her to get into Chelsea.  I saw her at the Nuqat Conference back in Kuwait during my year abroad there, she gave a talk that really captured my attention. I love her prints on arabic printed products, like Chicklets and Ghandoor they are childhood favourites that we used to buy at the little shop nearby home. She also looks at the famous Coca-Cola and encorporates it into her vibrant kitschy prints. She also stays true to our culture and likes to include it into her work, always looking at the arab world for inspiration especially old movies, posters, icons and typography.She is a source of inspiration to young Lebanese Designers.

No comments:

Post a Comment