Thursday, May 19

Where am i going with the brief

About the brief it was difficult trying to find out something about myself that i didn't know which all in all was an interesting experience. At the end i didn't want to force it or make it so un natural.
All i could come up with was ear buds, which are commonly discarded and not thought twice about, and the ritual/process of applying lipstick, which as a child you grow up watching your mum apply her lipstick in awe and with such fascination that you dream about it that one day you would be able to do that. Then the magic gets lost when i see people apply lipstick on without really thinking about it which looses ones interest. It's funny how every time i apply lipstick on it's like it's my first time and i enjoy it more and just get memories of myself as a child with my face lit up.

The lipstick ritual/process allowed me to think more of my childhood and what i thought was so fascinating that maybe adults would not e.g tying my shoelaces, playing with the kitchen ware and pots and pans, building a fortress out of pillows.....etc. Which then reminded me of as a child and up until today, learning about my traditions and sometimes it becoming second nature, something i just thought everyone did and never really thought twice about.

I used to think that everyone lived the same way and did things the same way, never thinking there was anything special about our traditions. It all changed as i grew up i began to appreciate my culture and traditions more and not take things for advantage. For example i was always fascinated in the reading of coffee cups but never thought twice about how they made that coffee, until i once tried to and failed miserably. It turned out there was a specific technique to follow, which i was alien to.

No comments:

Post a Comment